Thread: TiVo
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 13:22   #6097
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I guess the features will vary from person to person, but for me one of the great features will be whishlists.

I watch a lot of US programmes. When the new TV shows are announced at the Upfronts around May time, there are normally several new shows that look interesting. As it stands now, bearing in mind these shows don't start until September/October (in the US; who knows when in the UK?), it's a case of trying to find out if they've even been picked up by a UK channel, let alone which one and when they start. With wishlists, you let Tivo do all that monitoring for you; add the show as a whishlist item and it will pick it up and record it if and when a UK channel show it.

It's the same with actors, directors etc.; just add them to a whishlist and Tivo will record programmes with them in.

Tivo will also make suggestions as to shows that might appeal to you. I believe Sky does that but you need to buy an ipad to get that now (I read somewhere that Sky may be bringing that functionality into the EPG later this year?)

I also like season and episode information, actors, directors, producers etc. all will be available on my Tivo screen rather than having to switch the PC on to check digiguide and visit Epguides.com and IMDB

Then there are apps; VM are talking about far more apps than you get on your current connected TVs/BR players. Cindy Rose said there would be hundreds in a years time.
Yeah that proper does your head in with US shows and wishlists should sort that for you , I find Skys remind me green button service and Online service Never Miss useful for this.

Yeah not 100% on suggestions its coming just not sure how
http://www.mediaweek.co.uk/News/Most...tform-AdSmart/

Still not won over with TV apps as these are available on TVs and blue-ray players granted not all ,we'll see here.