Thread: Insurance
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2003, 11:52   #15
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
Quote:
Originally posted by orangebird
Give the insurance company a call.

My friends' dog ran out in the road a couple of months ago in front of a car. The dog wasn't too badly off, but the car bumber was absolutely ruined, and the quote to fix this was over £700. My frineds house insurance covered this - you may be lucky!

I agree give them a call.

Orangebird: that is probably because your friend's house insurance includes public liability. I get the impression that few people are aware of this option. Insurance to cover yourself for liability costs next to nothing (~£10 a year for a cover of say a million quid). This covers (accidental) damage by you, your pets or kids, provided the damage is done to another party.

I once borrowed my gfs photo camera, and managed to get it nicked. The insurance paid £250, as I was liable for the damage.
danielf is offline   Reply With Quote