Old 19-05-2015, 13:56   #756
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Child grooming gang found guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Unlike what others believe, I have read this thread.

I do not disagree that the Asian community has an issue that needs to be dealt with. Moreoever, they need to be seen to be dealing with it.

The point I am making is that the media have to be very careful in how this is reported. This reason why is this: I have very good friends who are Asian, Sikh specifically. They have put up with years of petty racism from various idiots they meet in their daily lives .. like the **** who shouted racist insults after 9/11 and 7/7 acusing them of being Muslim.

Imagine a headline in the Sun or Daily Mail: "Oh look, another Asian sex gang in court." This is exactly what these petty minded bigots want to hear. They wouldn't think too far beyond this sort of headline and would inevitably lead to more racial incidents.

In my opinion, this whole subject has to be handled very carefully (in the media) to avoid inflaming racial tensions. This is my point ..
Handling it "very carefully" is exactly what South Yorkshire Police and the Rotherham authorities did for 20-odd years and look where that got them. Placing 'community cohesion' above the needs of vulnerable children is the most arse-backwards and ridiculous approach to take.

If the Asian communities feel these bad apples give them a bad name then surely they ought to be doing more about the problem from within. It's very straightforward.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote