View Single Post
Old 19-05-2015, 13:20   #754
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Child grooming gang found guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Unlike what others believe, I have read this thread.

I do not disagree that the Asian community has an issue that needs to be dealt with. Moreoever, they need to be seen to be dealing with it.

The point I am making is that the media have to be very careful in how this is reported. This reason why is this: I have very good friends who are Asian, Sikh specifically. They have put up with years of petty racism from various idiots they meet in their daily lives .. like the **** who shouted racist insults after 9/11 and 7/7 acusing them of being Muslim.

Imagine a headline in the Sun or Daily Mail: "Oh look, another Asian sex gang in court." This is exactly what these petty minded bigots want to hear. They wouldn't think too far beyond this sort of headline and would inevitably lead to more racial incidents.

In my opinion, this whole subject has to be handled very carefully (in the media) to avoid inflaming racial tensions. This is my point ..

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

Thank you for this insight
You're welcome. Thanks for yours - it added precisely nothing. So you knew what Russ's point was but asked anyway?...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote