View Single Post
Old 30-06-2014, 15:52   #5
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Unstoppable migration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
The gangsters who are bring them over (scuttling the boat on arrival) need to be found and stopped.
Yes that'd be a good start - never seem to hear very much about that side of things. Perhaps if the punishments for trafficking were made much more severe these people would think twice about doing it. I dare say that for some, though, no form of punishment would stop them plying their trade and that there'll always be those who're desperate and/or naïve enough to fall victim to them.

I wonder what would happen if the Italian navy started taking them straight back to Libya and sinking the vessels involved? I don't imagine the Libyans would be too pleased. As it stands, there's every reason for these people to get on anything which floats in the certain knowledge that when they're spotted they'll be picked up and taken to their chosen destination.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote