View Single Post
Old 19-04-2012, 16:56   #3
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Re: Cable and Wireless Worldwide unable to find a buyer

[QUOTE=Pierre;35416135]Virgin Media would not buy C&W.

I think Vodafone would be mad to abandon it, they have until 5pm today to make a decision. It will give Vodafone a good opportunity to expand its operations in the UK and cut a lot of costs. If they didn't want the infrastructure leading to other countries and submarine cables they could sell that off eventually. When I mentioned Virgin Media, I was just refering to the UK mainland business and the rest of Cable and Wireless Worldwide be sold off as you mentioned. That new CEO has only been there a few months, maybe he could turn the company around, who knows? Or maybe it was doomed from day one when the conservative government was too quick to sell it off at a cheap price. But this company in particular has always been known to be struggling whether it was the residential sector or just evolving existing businesses such as One2One which was so far behind in 2000, a year after they sold it off at a very cheap price. They start things off well and then suddenly like One2One and Bulldog things come to a standstill.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote