View Single Post
Old 18-12-2003, 10:21   #15
psyper
Inactive

psyper is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: blinking ethernet light

Just an update on this. I found the manual for the router and tried to connect to it to see if its configuration is up the creek - I was unable to ping it at all even when I just connected one machine to the router with no WAN. I also tried the factory reset switch but that didn't seem to do anything (and yes I followed the instructions by the letter - holding it down for 12-15 secs etc). In the end I decided to go out and get a wireless router - I have a wireless card in my laptop for when I'm round my gf's house and I was planning to get a wireless router for my house too. I was able to get all my machines connecting to the internet at the same time with this - [so does anyone wanna buy a knackered router!?! lol].
The bad connection issues I was getting earlier on this post are still here but I've found out that all my friends are getting the same issue here (Luton, Stevenage, Hitchin) and by some of the topics here it looks like an NTL issue rather than my hardware - oh hum!

Special thanks goes to all those that have helped me with this issue - the replys were both very prompt and very very helpful, thanx
psyper is offline   Reply With Quote