View Single Post
Old 30-04-2006, 19:46   #5
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.
Re: Domestic & General Insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druchii
They sound like a good and genuine companyt who really do want to stick to the contracts set. So, how much did it cost you to be insured by them ? and has it actually paid itself back so to speak ?
First time we've ever claimed with them mate, the Dyson cost £40 for 5 years, the washing machine was £90 for the whole year but £10 cheaper if you paid by direct debit, the TV and DVD cover was £100 for 5 years, we extended the washing machine cover because the one we got from Comet had expeired last year, we got mail dropped by Domestic and General telling us that our washing machine cover was up for renewal, it's a good job they mail dropped us,

I was talking to a lad on our street today about them, he'd bought a Bissel aquavac from Argos a few years ago the vacum broke down, Bissel went bankrupt ao he thought he'd shot it, he got in touch with Domestic and General who told him not to worry they'll get him a new one out to him within 5 working days, 2 days later he had a new Bissel hoover on his doorstep. Now thats what I call service.

I reckon the money I've forked out on all the policies with Domestic and General have been paid back to me with service calls, to fix the washer I reckon you'd be looking at the £300 mark with parts and labour, the Dyson I'd say £200, I think I have my monies worth and long may it continue.