View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 11:19   #4
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Concern about the speed increase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentex View Post
I'm a firm believer of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I'm currently on 10Mb and it's more than enough for me! 10 yrs or so ago I used to pay 35quid a month for just 1Mb. So I've been a happy chap for a long time. To have good broadband at a reliable price. My only complaint would be that the upload could be faster.

Reading some threads here and other places I fear the speed increase will come at a cost. Currently my speed gets throttled if I download too much. This very rarely happens though! I get the impression it'll get throttled more often?!?! Is that really what I can expect??

In the future I want to upload movies to my family in Australia and USA. I'm worried that after One or two upload I'll be throttled and it'll be very frustrating. Likewise, after I downloaded a couple I'll be throttled as well. While currently It's 3 or 4 movies before this happens.

Should I look elsewhere? What do you think is the best option for around 15-25 pounds a month? (considering what I need it for).
You'll be throttled less as the limits before throttling are increasing.

The 50mb and 100mb services from VM will soon both come down to £25. These give you 5mb and 10mb upload respectively, the latter has no STM limit so you can upload as much as you like.

Though if upload is most important to you you're better off with BT, who give 10mb upload on their 40mb download service, soon to increase to 80mb download with 20mb upload - also £25 a month.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote