View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 13:33   #5
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age
Re: NAT issues, help required

cheers again southwell, went home at lunch and tried what you said, and it still returned a nat status 2 and also had a message underneath saying something like "your router may not support IP packets blah blah blah",

but what i did try just for the sake of it was to alter the duplex settings from automatic to 100 full duplex etc, and kept everything else the same.

i then did another connection test and although it still returned a nat status 2, the message had now dissappeared, so it would appear the speed/duplex settings have an effect on the console. Dont ask me what it means or does but when i then tried it again in automatic the message re-appeared. So ive manually put it back to 100 full duplex and sure enough the message disappeared.

i,m going to try and find out a bit more about this duplex thingymajig,,,,

thanks for all your help and i will give it a hammering tonight on cod5 and see if anything improves.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote