View Single Post
Old 24-04-2017, 17:18   #3455
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: What have you just bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
If the council lets you keep them... ours take away all cut wood to sell-on.

Cherry wood goes for at least £3 per kilo.... a lot more if it's cut or shaved. You
could be sitting on a goldmine....

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:42 ----------

Tile over them... it saves a lot of grief...
Interesting you should say that Taff because I was planning on doing exactly that around the bath but having done some reading on the subject it appears that the recommended maximum weight that a plastered substrate can bear is 20kg per sq m. which equates to roughly the weight of 1 sq m of 8mm ceramic tile plus adhesive. In other areas I wouldn't do it because of the adverse impact on skirting, dado rails/architrave etc. but on the single 1.8m x 1.9m wall to one side of the bath I was considering it as it'd have no such impact and the extra 1cm depth wouldn't be a problem. The 6x8 inch tiles there seem sound and level but I'm now just a bit worried about taking the chance for such a small area - don't want any of the new 16x10 inch tiles falling down on anyone in the bath...

Anyway I've been busily removing the tiles on one of the walls today and have been putting my Bosch electric scraper to good use getting rid of the old tile adhesive. They're quite well adhered and have taken some shifting in places which is making my decision about the above issue that little bit more complicated. Just to make matters worse as usual, there's loads of conflicting advice on which adhesive to use also...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote