Thread: Beep every day
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 23:15   #2
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: Beep every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhairday View Post
My brother has his own business that relies a lot on the telephone for new and existing business, so he has his answer phone set up to pass on calls missed at home to his mobile.

Every day for the last two years he has been recieving a nuisance call that when answered all you hear is a beep, no voice
Automated of course but how the heck can he stop it. He has had to stop his call divert as he was paying the cost of the call just to get the beep.

VM suggested buying a box for £50 that is supposed to stop it or get a new number.
£50 seems a little too much to pay just to maybe get rid of it and a new number is not an option.
Trucall is too pricey too so have anyone got any ideas how to stop this bleepin' BLEEP?
Sounds like a fax or computer modem trying to connect. Can you get any 1471 info from the call?

I had the same thing years ago when I was on BT, but it stopped after a few days.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote