View Single Post
Old 30-11-2015, 22:50   #2420
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
I have two today.

1) My dog having dirty paws then walking through my living room leaving a trail of paw prints.

2) The price of trainers when you go into the men's size. The trainers for my my wee one has almost doubled in price just because he has went up a size.
Try having large feet. I am a size 12.5, which is in the large but not particularly massive category (I have friends with 13, 14 and even size 15 feet). In most shops (apart from TKMaxx, oddly), I often have to specially order trainers as they don't carry them in stock.

I agree about the prices though (which is why TKMaxx being the only reliable supplier suits me down to the ground as they are relatively cheap).

Funny thing is, I remember a few years ago, I was working in Freight Forwarding, so had an idea of how much shipping things in containers to other countries costed. I had a day off, so I was sitting watching some talk show (Kilroy, I think). The CEO of Nike UK was on, and someone asked him about the high prices of trainers. His answer? High shipping (and particularly customs) costs.. At which point, I thought "bull" and giggled.. They would have paid a few thousand pounds (I don't know the exact costs, but I suspect it would have been the low thousands) per container, but think how many hundreds (if not thousands) of pairs of trainers they could get in a 40 (or even 20) foot container. The cost of shipping would be no more than a couple of pounds per pair, and I doubt it would have even been 1 pound per pair. Bear in mind those trainers were probably made for a few pennies in a sweatshop somewhere, and I suspect trainers attract quite a large profit..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote