View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 20:32   #765
toonlight
cf.addict

Location: On the highest mountian, looking into your bedroom wondering..hehe
Services: B/B VM100 (MB)
toonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the rough
Re: The Pirate Bay is blocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Of course, if such sites didn't exist (and they only exist because some people like to steal stuff) then no such blocks would be necessary.

Not to say your wrong Carl but PTB is here for the purpose of giving people the right of view programmes/TV series/other material that the greedy copyright idiots/governments what to charge a huge sums for to line there own pocket & the share holders pockets without (company chief/s ex etc) taking any money away from themselves but getting the public to pay for them.

It's all about money + who gets more into their greedy little hands within the media industry may that music (they failed long time ago) film (near failing point) plus software companies etc knowing ripping most users/customers for some % profit margin for bonuses even charging extra plug-ins for this or that.

They can do what they like eg; media industry with there site blocks/direct DNS blocking/etc but PTB (pirate bay) with still be with us all, in some shape or form. Everyone knows that PTB put a solid plan to the media industry a few years ago on how they could make money (little less) plus have the public use legal versions of there media in one packet fits all solution but no, they didn't want to listen - the court cases proof that .

The media industry kept with there same old out dated model of rip off fees/prices - still are doing so ! Tight copyright rules - adding on more years for royalty fees to artists (Cliff Richard) then sowing everything else up on the way - the 2012 Olympics is a good one for you (copyright) you cannot put a flag up with the Olympic rings without paying a fee to do so, even a union jack flag or anything of that nature; look for yourself the copyright poilce are out & about as I type this up; slapping shop keepers/ private homes with big fines- thats sound fair to you? no it's not. The 2012 Olympics are public funded from government backed loans so it's tax payers property

I hope you get the chance to read this reply carl, then have insight on your prospective into the media world, it's build for public masses to enjoy but create wealth for the special few holding their so though-out high powered
position. I would like you to think about it carl as if you back the greedy money vampires of this world, your going to have a nasty shock when the world you think is right, crumbles away with your proceeded though of mind(from reading your reply - no offence).

To end my reply I hope one day people will just wake up to all these lies (media industry) + see how things can work for the benefit for all not the small few.

Peace out ~ Toonlight

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I use Pirate Bay to download the latest patches for Football Manager 2012 as well as the Real Time Editor. Why? Because they download fastest from there.

Explain to me again what it is I 'steal' from there?
You make a good point Russ PTB is good for that + other things, beside I saw a figure the over @68% on PTB is totally legal any how. What PTB has got is a good system for people to use, it's easy, quick & has endless subject list to choose from.

For me it's the TV series section or film section if a channel/s in my country won't or are late in showing that episode or series, where do think is next best place to go? you got it; PTB some times you wait to the end of the series then download it all in one go - you got it... no advertisements, no spam unlike todays modern TV programming. I rest my case

Resting my fingers..~ toonlight
toonlight is offline   Reply With Quote