Thread: Football Season 2017/2018
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 13:19   #479
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Season 2017/2018

England are a work in progress according to Southgate. England have been a work in progress over the past 15 years and they've only declined as each manager appointed is worse than the last. Call me out of course but is there actually progress to be made? There's simply not enough games nor time to make 'progress' The Premier League is set up and plays out in such a way that it's one of the most tactically diverse leagues in the world and it reflects on the England team in which you're lucky to get pockets of players on the same page instead of an entire 11. I used to be cheerful and optimistic watching England but honestly that died off when Capello was essentially forced out of the job.

All Gareth Southgate can show is that there's very little interest in taking the England job. The persistence for an English or maybe British born manager only makes that pile ultra thin.

Said it before but England actually look worse without Rooney. For all the criticism he received through.