View Single Post
Old 13-07-2011, 14:14   #988
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other Snippets

Apparently Firefly hasn't been mentioned since 2008, so I think I will!

Are there any other Browncoats here on this board, or am I, like Mal Reynolds, the Last Man Standing?

I only discovered it this year, after hearing about it at a number of conventions I went to. Finally I saw the DVD set on offer in HMV, and I thought, "Well, I haven't heard anything negative about it - they can't all be wrong..."

They weren't. It's easily one of the best TV shows of any description I've ever seen, and I'm rueing the fact that I discovered it so late. I'm in the midst of writing fanfic, in fact, to be posted in the Blue Sun Room on fireflyfans.net. There's nothing about the show I don't like, nothing at all. It doesn't hurt that Jewel Staite and Morena Baccarin are cute and gorgeous respectively...

You gotta love a folk hero like Jayne Cobb, though!

Favourite line of all time is Kaylee's complaint to Mal in Serenity:

"But he coulda made 'em family! 'Steada keepin' Simon from seein' I was there, when I carried such a torch, an' we coulda...goin' on a year now I ain't had nothin' twixt my nethers weren't run on batteries!"

Mal: "Oh, God! I can't know that!"

Jayne (typically): "I could stand to hear a little more..."

Here's hoping Fox/Universal/whoever see sense at some point and bring it back. After all, it happened before...

Can't stop the signal!