View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 20:08   #73
RizzyKing

Re: Benefit cuts are fuelling abuse of disabled people, say charities

I don't subscribe to the sheep idea but what i do think is that right now people's personal finances are hurting and like everyone when they are hurting they want to lash out at someone and right now with the campaign that seems to be going on we sick and disabled are a perfect scapegoat for all that ill's ya. Difference between now and the past when disabled people were not attacked is a more hostile media and a oppurtunistic government that finds itself being handed a scapegoat on a plate and doesn't have the political fortitude to resist using it.

I would like to think people could be educated on the issue but sadly i don't think that is easily done or something that could be achieved in general terms with the general public they see us on our odd good day and judge us completely on it. We really are getting to the point where you are totally damned if you do and damned if you don't. I dearly wish writing "fit for work" on a form made it so because i would be so much happier being fit, able to work and having a job but not how life works.

Problem is more people have my attitude and would dearly love to work but cannot then are defrauding the system but as long as the media keeps highlighting the fringe cases and reporting them as the norm it simply isn't going to get any better for any claimant.