View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 17:36   #310
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: Petrol & diesel vehicles ban (2040).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I cannot agree that electric cars explode in flames more than petrol ones. You mention a pattern in news articles which I haven't seen.

Without objective data your item 2 becomes nothing more than an opinion which appears to have no foundation.
Quote:
The two-seater was “totally destroyed” by the blaze which also caused smoke damage to the building next door.

It had been left plugged in to charge overnight but fire crews were called in the early hours of Sunday (July 9) morning to tackle the blaze.

Firefighters registered a temperature of 300C as the 17.6kWh lithium ion battery back continued to burn.
Source

And Richard Hammond's electric car, also destroyed by a battery fire.

Of course to know whether this is more likely we need to know the rates of fires relative to the numbers of cars of each type.