View Single Post
Old 26-01-2017, 07:09   #317
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I think Discovery's content has decreased in quality but increased in viewer numbers. Whether such viewers are as attractive to advertisers is another matter.
On reflection a few hours later, Discovery has been investing heavily in its Eurosport channel, most famously with the Olympics.
I'm sure Discovery and Sky will come to an arrangement eventually but until then, Sky and Now TV customers won't be happy to potentially see the loss of these channels especially when Sky's landline prices are going up nearly 10%.
I think long-term, this could encourage Discovery to sell its channels directly to consumers via an app on smart TVs and other streaming devices. It already has Eurosport Player as the basis for this

---------- Post added at 07:09 ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I suspect SKY have already been preparing for the loss of these channels. SKY Sports Mix to cover Eurosport, Viceland to cover the Discovery Channels plus who knows maybe SKY Bravo might finally turn up to cover the nonsense broadcast on TLC, Quest and DMAX?
Now we know how Sky can freeze its TV prices for some customers for five years. Up line rental by nearly 10% and then reduce the number of channels each year. Job done.