View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 23:00   #6
shawty
Permanently Banned

shawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to behold
Re: Playstation / Sony Contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I have a PS2, and want to get a PS3 that has backward compatability.

The 40GB HDD isn't

The 60GB HDD was, but is now discontinued (cost a fortune)

The 80GB HDD isn't coming to the UK

Is there anywhere I can contact and ask when a BC version is coming to the UK and will not cost a fortune.

On the weekend I saw a PS3 + GTA:IV £300, XBOX360 + GTA:IV £200.

Know if the aren't going to bither to bring a BC version to the UK at a cheap price why should I bother getting a PS3 when I will need to get all new games, I might as well save £100 and get a Xbox360 + a Blueray DVD drive when available.

My only concern is the 360's red lights of death, has this been solved in the newer machines?

Sony have really shot themselves in the foot by screwing the UK people.

I am more than likely going to get a 360 if the donot give us a BC version.
No logic in that is there? Then your stuck no matter what you do. You have a PS2? But want a PS3 that plays your PS2 games, Sony wont tell you if there is or isnt one coming out, so you say you might get a Xbox 360? So your stuck with nothing to play your PS2 games on apart from the PS2 which you would need to keep. So you could do the same with the PS3 and PS2. Why not look at the games out for the new machine and different features of the consoles, instead of worrying about BC.

---------- Post added at 22:00 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
All the PS/PS2 games I've tried on my bro's PS3 have worked fine
Well he has a PS3 60GB which is BC, the 40GB PS3 is only BC with PS1 games.
shawty is offline   Reply With Quote