View Single Post
Old 28-07-2017, 22:23   #12
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Dashcam - how to extend the 12v power lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
My Satnav/phone is stuck to the right of the window (magnetic type) and I find it so much safer than the type that go in the centre console or centre of dash. The quick glance to the side means eyes are still on the road, rather than the other positions, which I also tried. Tend to be looking away from the road more with the other positions. Unless you try it, you won't understand it completely, but trust me when I say a phone stuck to the window at the side is much safer!

I use a navigation map app called Sygic which also has a kind of dashcam built in. It will record like a dashcam and overwrite it's video every 5 minutes unless it detects a crash and will also write gps data in to the video so it can be used as evidence of being at a location too.

Another nice feature is it has a Heads Up Display that you can use for night driving which projects (reflects) the directions, current speed and speed limits on to your windscreen, so no need to take eyes off the road at all. Works quite well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SifFC8pJQoE
I have an ageing TomTom satnav which I use occasionally. When I do, I too have it stuck on the extreme right hand side of the windscreen close to the door pillar where it doesn't interfere with my view of the road and only requires a quick glance every so often. I like the idea of a heads up display at night so might explore that avenue as I start to use my phone to navigate more often.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote