Thread: VM Business New VM Business service - 350Mb
View Single Post
Old 24-05-2017, 22:24   #26
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: New VM Business service - 350Mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by APS View Post

We are getting big slowdowns in the middle of the day when careful speedtests show speeds of less than 20 Mb/s download but the upload seems fine. Tests earlier in the day show speeds closer to the 350 Mb/s although not quite as good as ccarmock. This is slower than the 50 Mb/s service we used to have. This makes me wonder if either the tunnel used for the fixed IP service is coming out onto the network in a congested place (we pop out near Bristol) or that they are running a throttle which is either setup incorrectly or is a very bad deal.

Anyone had similar problems?
I've not experienced this, but there has recently been some capacity improvement works in my area (used to have 12 downstream channels - now 16 for instance) I believe the GRE tunnels break out on equipment with a lot of capacity in the VM network - I'd guess your issue is local congestion. If you log a ticket they should be able to confirm. I have found support good in this respect, but not had to call them recently.

The one issue I did have with the new 350/20 service was variable upstream performance. I did notice that the upstream frequencies were not usual frequencies - as they usually end in 0000 these were offset. That has been corrected by VM and I get a rock solid 20 Mb/s up now too.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote