View Single Post
Old 17-02-2017, 14:44   #259
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
What I'm comparing the two on is delivery and cohesion. Both are lacking in this respect. We've seen Trump's travel ban fail, we've seen national security adviser Michael Flynn being forced to resign over cosy chats with the Russians before gaining power, we've seen the uncertainty over whether his son-in-law can take a position in Government amongst many other travails.
As I said, Trump seems to be trying harder than Corbyn but that doesn't make him effective.
By contrast to Corbyn and Trump, I would cite Theresa May as an effective leader in delivery and cohesion.

What about the success he has had, within just a few weeks to bring back major industries to the US who were planning to build outside the US?

What about the successful meeting with the Unions, who were shocked an flabbergasted that a President wanted to meet with them to hear their views?

Or the meeting with Educators, of all institutions to get their views on how to improve education opportunities for all.

The meeting with female business leaders.

And from yesterday's speech, he has been trying to get in touch with Black Community Leaders to discuss the inner cities, but has been blocked by pressure from the democrats on such people not to meet with him. I hope the lady reporter that was involved in this manages to get something set up; Trump clearly was keen for her to do so.

All this info is available via Youtube from the Whitehouse, along with daily press briefings including Q&A. You can then compare and contrast with the BBC coverage.