View Single Post
Old 17-02-2017, 10:37   #13
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone
Re: Possible DMF failure - Car people

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Modern petrol engines are actually getting more and more similar to diesels as they're classed as high pressure & use turbocharging. With that increased complexity comes of course increased servicing & maintenance costs

An example this is the 2.0 TFSI unit used by VW/Audi

Me, I get perhaps 28 Mpg If I'm lucky in the car (most days it's 20) and perhaps 45mpg on the bike.
Indeed.

Thankfully no turbo or anything fancy here

I'll fully expect all petrols to go the way of diesels in the next 10 -15 years when we'll be 'encouraged' to go EV
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote