View Single Post
Old 23-12-2014, 15:32   #1164
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
The Australians have tried to get Netflix to Geo-block due to them worried about an up-coming Australian service and apparently Sony have tried to do it.

Do you think Netflix are incapable of doing it.

And what about those region 1 DVDs that Amazon UK sell? They are meant for the US region only.[COLOR="Silver"]
I don't know, passingbat, I think there may be technical problems that they have not yet been able to overcome. After all, how would Netflix be able to determine that you were not accessing the service from within the appropriate country given the method that is used?

I think they will be able to overcome it in time, but that they haven't yet figured out how to do it.