View Single Post
Old 23-12-2014, 13:12   #1163
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, yes, passingbat, but I was talking about legitimate means of access.

I am not disputing that you can access the content of Netflix, HBO, etc of other countries, but I was talking about appropriate UK access without falsifying your location details.

I think that some people have been doing this for so long and getting away with it, that they now think it is perfectly OK. I find it strange that so many people think that different rules apply to the internet than outside of it.

That said, good luck to you all while you can get away with it, and make the most of it while you can.

---------- Post added at 12:37 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

The Australians have tried to get Netflix to Geo-block due to them worried about an up-coming Australian service and apparently Sony have tried to do it.

Do you think Netflix are incapable of doing it.

And what about those region 1 DVDs that Amazon UK sell? They are meant for the US region only.

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
True, not read the threads but as cimt says it's the shows not the method that's discussed.

BIB, Torrents probably most popular/free method.
Technically that is right. But could it be said that illegal methods of viewing are being condoned?

I don't have a problem with it; my response was to someone who questioned whether Smart DNS services should be discussed and the wider implications if it was deemed that they shouldn't.