View Single Post
Old 23-09-2017, 12:34   #27
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Uber licence revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I've used them a few times in Glasgow and the drivers are always super friendly and know where they are going. however a friend got ripped off once as the driver never stopped the meter and she ended up getting charged £300 as he was driving around for hours.

however the two local private hire cab companies I use most in glasgow now also have an app so you can call and track your taxi. So no real need for Uber here.
If there's not a significant price difference, I think a lot of people just use the easiest, most visible, high profile method of ordering whether it's cabs or takeaways. Why on earth would anyone order food from their local Chinese, Indian or whatever via one of the food delivery apps for example when they could just call them direct? Laziness? All that happens is that the supplier has to provide a cut of his profit to the intermediary. It's clearly not about price, it's about convenience but even so there's very little added convenience for anyone who isn't in the slightest bit organised.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote