View Single Post
Old 23-09-2017, 11:47   #25
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Uber licence revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I'd rather use a genuine London cabbie who has been CRB'd,is insured, knows how to get around London and I can flag down safely knowing I won't get ripped off. Let's hope I continue to have that choice.
That's everyone's choice to make but not everyone can afford it which is why Uber and mini-cabs became so popular. Can't recall the last time we used a black cab for anything, just too expensive.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-41369617

Quote:
Hundreds of thousands of people have signed a petition calling for Transport for London to reverse its decision not to renew Uber's licence.
On Friday, the regulator said Uber was not "fit and proper" to hold a London private hire operator licence on the grounds of "public safety and security implications".
More than 400,000 names have since been added to Uber's petition on Change.org.
The ride-hailing app firm says it will appeal against TfL's decision.
The petition, started by Uber London, says: "If this decision stands, it will put more than 40,000 licensed drivers out of work and deprive millions of Londoners of a convenient and affordable form of transport."
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote