View Single Post
Old 13-02-2011, 04:46   #12
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Superhub - slow wifi

to use secondary routers you dont even need to bother with bridge modes, just disable dhcp (and wireless so less competing for bandwidth with each other) on one of the routers.

eg. I have my superhub plugged in, dir615 plugged in, a billion 7402NX plugged in and a speedtouch585 plugged in, total 4 routers.

3 of them I have disabled wireless, left it enabled on the billion as that is brilliant for wireless, however the billion isnt issuing lan ip's only the dir615 has dhcp enabled. I connect wireless devices to the billion (and gigabit lan devices) and it doesnt matter the dhcp will work from the dir615 no problem and the billion is effectively just a switch.

so in a less complex setup you could connect a router with decent wireless to the superhub (ideally by ethernet). and then disable dhcp on that router so just enabled on the superhub and disable wireless interface on the superhub (if connected via ethernet to 2nd router) and should be good to go, connect to 2nd router on wireless with superhub issuing ip as normal.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote