View Single Post
Old 30-08-2005, 10:18   #173
kookook
Inactive

kookook is on a distinguished roadkookook is on a distinguished road
Re: Science Fiction & Fantasy Snippets

John Harrison, who wrote and directed The Sci Fi Channel's upcoming miniseries Frank Herbert's Dune, will adapt the second and third books, Dune Messiah and Children of Dune, for a sequel. Harrison indicated that the sequel may be ready for release sometime in 2002.

As for the upcoming miniseries, Harrison said that he hopes viewers will avoid comparisons with David Lynch's 1984 feature-film that turned into an expensive flop. "I didn't set out to correct or remake Lynch's movie," Harrison said. "It's impossible to do justice to the book in a two-hour [feature]. I had the advantage of six, and I just tried to create a faithful adaptation of Frank Herbert's book."

The Sci Fi Channel's six-hour Dune miniseries is the most expensive programming produced for the network. Starring William Hurt and shot by Oscar winning cinematographer Vittorio Storaro (The Last Emperor), the six hour epic cost $20 million to make, and even more to promote through theatrical trailers, video billboards, and an Internet ad campaign that began early this year. The miniseries airs December 3-5 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
kookook is offline   Reply With Quote