View Single Post
Old 08-03-2004, 13:00   #39
snodvan
Inactive

snodvan is a glorious beacon of lightsnodvan is a glorious beacon of lightsnodvan is a glorious beacon of lightsnodvan is a glorious beacon of lightsnodvan is a glorious beacon of lightsnodvan is a glorious beacon of lightsnodvan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Broadband Sharing - A Step By Step Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartbe
Glad it worked for ya....

Security... Hmm prepare to take your tounge lashing

As you are running in adhoc mode all you can do is enable wep. Select 128bit wep and instead of using a key make up a hexadecimal number ie A1 B3 D4 ect..... Put that number into both cards and presto you will have wep protection. Someone is going to need the wep key in order to see your trafic or join the lan.....
Well, be pleased that at least I knew that security was a big issue with wireless things - and I knew that because I have been reading all your past posts etc etc. We DO listen even if at times we do not understand.

... like enable wep (err vaguely remember seeing a box mentioning that sometime yesterday while installing the Belkin card, but not sure where it is)

... make up a hex number (yep, suppose I can remember how to do that - brain will creak a bit 'cos I have not done that since the days of BBC machine programming back in the '80s)

Lots of thanks again.
snodvan is offline   Reply With Quote