View Single Post
Old 28-06-2012, 09:49   #1416
tycho
Inactive

tycho is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Which would work if I had a recording slot free, but normally the only time I use a reminder is when I have 2 things recording at the same time. Which is why Tivo would be a boost, being able to record 3 things and watch a fourth at the same time.
But you can't record 3 things and watch a 4th though - if you are recording 3 things you have to watch one of the things being recorded - there are only 3 tuners in the box.

Unless of course you are referring to recording 3 VM channels and wathing a fourth through freeview / sky etc

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
That one actually did require a technical fix.
Ok, my bad - apologies for the missunderstanding, I made an assumption that as the licencing was stopping you from showing the Sky PIP and that the other PIP worked fine it was just switched on during the update. If there was also a fix required I now stand corrected

Quote:
As Ben says, the MRS software is ready to go and has been since last year. Enabling it isn't tied to a new software update.
This was tied into my missundestanding of the above - I'm aware the MRS is ready to go as soon as VM decide to turn it on. As I thought the Sky PIP was delayed untill the update after the licenceing was resolved (unaware a fix was also needed), I just thought VM might be doing the same with MRS.

Quote:
But how do you separate those who know what they are doing from those who only think they do?
I'm absolutly no technical or networking expert, however I dont think in this case its about those who 'only think' they know what their doing. As it stands at the moment, some people are in a position to simply plug each Tivo into their Hub as they have either Cat5/6 available (or are prepared to use Homeplugs) - and some arn't. If VM are working on a solution for those who arn't that's great, but I dont see why this should be a cause to keep it disabled for those who can.

Not trying to start an arguement - clearly VM are the ones who decide, it's just frustrating for such great functionality to be disabled as VM dont think we are capable of using it... (Of course - we have no idea yet if the licencing is resolved, and I completly understand that it will be dissabled at least until this - don't suppose you can shed any light on this at all can you Spiderplant? )

Anyway - thanks for the info - clearly I was wrong in some of my previous assumptions.

Cheers
T