View Single Post
Old 21-10-2012, 14:53   #185
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank View Post
I would definitely WANT ESPN America but if I had to pay extra for it I would need to seriously reevaluate my services ie VM or SKY as I am already paying a fortune on VIP50. It will come down to who gives me the best deal I'm afraid.

I am feeling less and less loyal to VM lately with there seeming constant price rises, lack of descent new content and above all the promise of doubling my BB speed which has been put back at least twice already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Join the queue!

There seems to be a growing sense that Virgin are not delivering on their promises, and are selling us well short.

For some reason I can't remember now, I ended up on the Sky website yesterday, and whilst i was there, out of interest, I thought I'd price up the services I get from VM on Sky. I have no Sky Movies or sports, so priced up for Sky Entertainment Extra, Fibre BB, HD, two set top boxes, phone line and 24/7 phone calls which is what I have on VM.

The monthly charge would have been £18 more than I pay VM.

For that £18, I would have got Sky Atlantic and a couple of other channels that I watch in HD. I would also have got ITV, 2, 3, 4, in HD, and of those, I only watch a little on ITV2 and given that 5.1 audio is missing and I find the SD picture quite good, that's hardly an incentive.

But I would also lose the three recordable tuners, whishlists, and other Tivo functionality if I moved to Sky.

So at £18 extra for Sky with not a lot of extra value for me (except Atlantic) but a lot to lose fromVM, staying with VM, for me is a 'no brainer'.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote