View Single Post
Old 14-02-2012, 15:44   #16
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter
Re: Considering going for a Tivo box! Help to answer questions pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
It does so much more and SKY hate it with a passion.
I don't think Sky are that worried about TiVo to be honest it is basically little more than a connected TV extender but without the good Apps.

A few software upgrades and increase UI speeds, get quality apps and it may become a better offering. But for a user like me who only really uses my STB for watching recording TV, I think for that..my Sky+HD box is better due to more content.

But also my point of view is also bassed on the fact I have "Apps" on my TV, BLUERAY, XBOX360, PS3. So the last thing I want is sky offering them and then saying.."Oh yeah there is a £5 a month increase to pay for them" As I just never use them, well apart from Netflix.

---------- Post added at 15:44 ---------- Previous post was at 15:42 ----------

Quote:
I don't think Sky are that worried about TiVo to be honest it is basically little more than a connected TV extender but without the good Apps.

A few software upgrades and increase UI speeds, get quality apps and it may become a better offering. But for a user like me who only really uses my STB for watching recording TV, I think for that..my Sky+HD box is better due to more content.

But also my point of view is based on the fact I have "Apps" on my TV, BLUERAY, XBOX360, PS3. So the last thing I want is sky offering them and then saying.."Oh yeah there is a £5 a month increase to pay for them" As I just never use them, well apart from Netflix.

---------- Post added at 15:44 ---------- Previous post was at 15:44 ----------

Quote:

But also my point of view is based on the fact I have "Apps" on my TV, BLUERAY, XBOX360, PS3. So the last thing I want is sky offering them and then saying.."Oh yeah there is a £5 a month increase to pay for them" As I just never use them, well apart from Netflix.
New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote