View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 20:10   #62
ptmacey
Inactive

ptmacey is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: High Definition on Virgin Media: FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevett10 View Post
Hi All sorry to jump in the convosation like this but.....

I have V+ (all the bits included, sports etc). and was just wanted to know the best connection that people are using to there TV

I myself am using HDMI to DVI and outputting 1080 but 720 seems a tad better?

any reason for that ?

I have a Philips 37PF5520D 37 Inch HD tv with limited inputs and requires sooo much convertors its Madness check the link if your intrested!?

http://www.musthaveit.com/products/d...igital-tv/492/

Any views on this would be great!

Also i spoke to a Virgin Sales Rep... and they are "HOPING" to be getting HD Skysports and other sky services this September/October!

(but i have been told so much cra* before!)
The tv set you mention above is only 768 vertcal resolution so cannot properly display a 1080p picture,it might display 1080i (interlaced)to compensate for the screens low resolution in which case part of the picture frames are shown followed quickly by the rest to complete the picture,this can make the picture seem slightly blury particularly with fast action such as sports,most hd tv broadcast transmit in 720p so as your set is native 720p this gives the gives the best pic quality in your scenario,in an opposite case scenario my tv 1080p recieving a 720p signal has to artificially increase 720 to 1080 lines vertical resolution this also causes picture artefacts,Sky have said they will not even consider increasing broadcast resolution to 1080p until after 2012
ptmacey is offline   Reply With Quote