View Single Post
Old 19-10-2016, 13:47   #749
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Corbyn's kerfuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Okay. What happens when the interests of constituents conflict with the demands from the leadership?

How exactly does it help the party to have MPs get themselves voted out by doing what an unprecedentedly unpopular leader tells them?

Looking at the Labour Party's polling and comparing it to Jeremy Corbyn's personal polling, a distant 3rd for Prime Minister behind 'don't know', I'm not convinced that anything could cause more damage than Corbyn.

---------- Post added 16-10-2016 at 00:34 ---------- Previous post was 15-10-2016 at 23:26 ----------

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/ne...jews-5p9h033lr (£)
No idea what will happen come election time, but right now I consider labour's biggest problem is the in fighting, it needs to stop.

This started by the MP's originally nominating corbyn as a stunt to say oh look we democratic and we proving it, but of course expecting him to not win, when democracy actually played its part and he won they now trying to back peddle.

What are they trying to achieve? a party split?

What has happened is that labour has been drifting away from its core values towards the middle politically, with the aim of winning elections this way, but now the core voters have decided they have had enough of that with this the result. I can understand this, as a proper labour party e.g. would never have backed the welfare policies that they did during the coalition. Plus when in power they introduced ESA again something old labour wouldnt have done. They never reintroduced mass council house building project's and they also never blocked thatcher's right to buy, all of which conflict with core labour values.

Last edited by Chrysalis; 19-10-2016 at 13:51.