View Single Post
Old 24-09-2015, 17:46   #422
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
R The linear channels are safe in the short to medium term, but the crunch will almost certainly come eventually.

You describe it as 'my world' and I admit that I am comfortable with it as I no longer watch broadcast TV live, but I am not wishing this on everyone. I'm simply stating what I believe is the way we are going.

In terms of your question, I have to say that it would take me ages to select a programme I would want to watch at a specific time from my EPG and I can find stuff from Netflix pretty quickly.

A set top box designed to carry different streaming services would have advanced search facilities that would assist you in finding the types of programme you were looking for. It would also keep track on where you were in any given series (as Netflix and Amazon do very efficiently already).
Which is already done most STB's now have advanced search , top picks , suggestions.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote