View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 19:18   #4
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: PS2 Screen aspect ratio

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
if you set it to full you would be getting 4:3 wouldnt you? big black bars either side? does your TV auto size to 16:9 meaning its gonna stretch any broadcast to fit? I always set that option off as a 4:3 stretched looks awful
Yes ... my original assumption was that I should choose 16:9 rather than full. It was only when it didn't appear to make any difference that I began wondering if I'd made the wrong choice.

The TV switches to 16:9 correctly for TV broadcasts but I've yet to see it happen on a PS2 game.

Sounds like Paranomia has hit it on the head though, if it depends on the game maybe I just don't have any widescreen games. I don't have many, and they're pretty old. I am rediscovering Crazy Taxi this evening.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote