View Single Post
Old 24-06-2008, 16:37   #117
TraxData

Services: 25/25 Symetrical.
Re: Application Throttling/Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubbymitts View Post
PANIC! RUN TO THE HILLS!

Has anyone thought that the fact that Virgin Media have actually denied this for once may mean that it isn't in fact going to happen? As we all know, they are not known for outright denying things.

I'm not doubting Traxdata or his sources. I'm sure throttling has been discussed at some point, but in business lots of ideas get discussed and not all of them are implemented. I used to be a union rep at a massive company and was privvy to a lot of changes that were discussed that would be as shocking to some people as this throttling idea is. Yet, I can tell you now that a lot of the ideas that were floated around and minuted, discussed and even had an action date (like throttling's third quarter 08 or first quarter 09 for example) didn't come to fruition because they were just ideas.

tl;dr - Ideas get thrown about business all the time. Chill baby, it probably won't happen.
They publically denied STM as well

And if you read their reply it actually states they are *not* using it now *publically*, they CANNOT publish details about any type of trials at all, so they wont say it.