View Single Post
Old 30-09-2015, 09:42   #1
Rewrew
Inactive

Services: TV: XL, Internet: XXL, Phone: XL
Rewrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Audio issues - loud and scrambled after pause

We have a TiVo that routes through a Yamaha RX-V673 receiver via HDMI for the audio. This set-up has worked flawlessly for a number of years. The TiVo was replaced due to a hard drive failure early this year but the replacement unit continued to perform flawlessly. The same receiver also has audio inputs from a blu ray player and an Amazon Fire TV box. In the last month or so (I can't be precise) we have discovered that when we pause the TiVo and restart it the audio blasts out loud and scrambled. It is quite unpleasant. If I switch the HDMI input away from the Tivo and then back again the audio is restored to normal. The fault doesn't exist on either of the other two input devices. I have replaced the HDMI lead on the off chance even though I couldn't think why that would make a difference.

So the questions are: is there any difference to the encoded output from the TiVo that might explain the fault? Have you any suggestions on how to determine if it is the receiver or TiVo that is causing the fault?

REWREW
Rewrew is offline   Reply With Quote