View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 17:32   #15
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 11 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Re: Anyone here got a cat like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by jempalmer View Post
Whilst I agree with everything you say regarding abuse of pets, I am puzzled by your reference to hydrotherapy. I thought cats weren't keen on getting wet
Well, no, they're not...with the possible exception of mine, who's been known to go out in all weathers. I've never known a cat like her. She once played with a snowball, in the snow.

Anyway. Hydrotherapy can be and has been very successful in the treatment of feline obesity; I remember an article in Your Cat magazine. Once they get used to it, they don't seem to mind. Cats will accept almost anything if it's done with kindness; mine hates going to the vet, but I always follow up her annual visit with treats as soon as we get home - she's been taught to associate something nasty, e.g. vet visit, medicine etc., with something nice. It helps.

There's at least one breed - the Bengal - which loves water, bred as it was from the Asian Leopard Cat, which likes fishing for its dinner; if you have a Bengal, a water feature somewhere in your house or garden is a must - otherwise she'll be sharing your bath with you or playing with the kitchen taps.