View Single Post
Old 28-04-2012, 12:14   #8
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: BT to start selling 330Mbps infinity from June 11/2012????

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
The 100 down 15 up product must be a lot cheaper then, since it's selling at £35/month inc. VAT at retail. Either that or BT are making a huge loss on it.

Given the 330 down is due to come with 20 or 30mbps up, I'd expect pricing more in line with 100/15 than 100/30.
Openreach pricing.

330Mbps is by all accounts I've heard not really intended as a consumer product so people thinking that they'll be seeing BT Infinity 330Mbps is probably somewhat premature.

Unsure why pricing on 330Mb/30Mb would be less than pricing on 100Mb/30Mb or more in line with 110Mb/15Mb. I guess BT may change their plans however Openreach are going to be hugely reluctant to release 330Mb/30Mb too cheaply as it will have extremely bad effects on their leased line revenue.

---------- Post added at 11:14 ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
The thing that bothers me with this is the fact that if I pay £1000 to have fibre pulled from the cabinet to my house, then, from what ive heard, my neighbor will be able to use the same cable, and pay, say, £50 to have his 'tapped' into the same one
Every home would need its own fibre back to the cabinet / splitter.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote