View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 00:04   #7
darren.b
cf.addict

darren.b has a spectacular aura about themdarren.b has a spectacular aura about themdarren.b has a spectacular aura about themdarren.b has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Virgin media Phone rip off

I remember waaaay back when United Artists were hawking their services, door to door back in 1994. "Much cheaper than BT" was their cry. Well now they simply do whatever BT do. If BT introduce a charge for late payment, VM, follow. If BT increase their charges, VM are right behind them, matching them penny for penny. In some cases they are unbelievably more expensive.

Once upon a time we were supposed to have competition in the telecoms market. Now it's all "well such and such do it, so we will too". Those that piggyback off BT ...that's hardly REAL competition because you're still stuck on BT's ancient tech.

Once my contract is up, my landline is junked and I'm staying with my mobile provider and skype for overseas. Cheaper per month and boatloads of extras.

If I got rid of it, I'd be £3p/m better off. It used to save me cash, now it doesn't.

I'd call that a FAIL
darren.b is offline   Reply With Quote