View Single Post
Old 20-02-2012, 09:09   #45
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Speed test sites and why you shouldnt take them for granted

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFTW View Post
So in your world there is no benefit to running software/applications that are optimised for quad core on a quad core processor.....Ohhh................................ .............................Dear.

Dual core is ok you get good returns without optimised software/apps..But quad core you get less for the available cpu power. Dual core can in some instances out perform a quad core in none optimised software..ITS JUST A FACT(Although its now 2012 so this is less likely to be the case)

Now FOLDING would benefit from a quad
You took me on when I said I'd used a Quaddie since 2008, telling me that my application would likely run faster on a Dual Core. You said I'd find that my application wasn't optimised for quad core processing.

Apart from you knowing nothing about my applications, yet spouting off as if you knew everything, I'd like to ask you to tell me what you think "optimised for quad core" means? And how does it affect Speed tests?

Are you saying that such programs are not optimised at the same time for Core2-Duo? Or not optimised also for 6 cores?

Are you also saying that Quad core PCs from 2008 might run Speed Tests slower than a Core2-Duo or a Dual-Core?

One of the things I noticed was that I could be running full tilt speed tests on the Quaddie whilst it was doing non multi-core calculations.

You also said that Quad Core isn't needed for another 12 months. Are you saying that I never needed Quad Core since 2008?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote