View Single Post
Old 30-04-2012, 17:20   #21
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media Site Blocker

top 2 replies on the bbc both contrasting.

Quote:
I purchased all three Bourne movies after downloading one of them. Had I not been given the downloaded movie, I would still be convinced that the Bourne series would be movies I wouldn't enjoy. I've seen others comment similarly. There's argument to suggest that piracy is not quite the perpetrator behind their losses as the entertainment industry believes it to be.
I find this one to be somewhere near the truth in that a lot of people actually do buy stuff they like after they download, not everyone of course but some people do. p2p is effectively free advertising for the media companies as well as free distribution.

Quote:
People are trying to find any reason they can to justify stealing films, songs, software etc. that other people have worked to produce (including hundreds of thousands low paid staff whose jobs are gone or going),

Why not just admit that you liked getting a load of stuff for nothing rather than pay for it and that you want to carry on getting it for nothing.

Just be honest.
I agree that people obviously like getting stuff for nothing, however he drifted from fact by claiming its stealing when it isnt, and that the majority of piracy is not a lost sale.

The UK is heading down the wrong path censorship to appeal to a minority of th epopulation who get rich from copyright. Some legal firms have even been closed down due to shady practices of profiteering from copyright infringement.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote