View Single Post
Old 19-02-2017, 21:27   #6
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Re: Windows 10 free activation

<slightly O/T>It's not just Microsoft watching - lately I've had two apps I uninstalled phoning home to tell their companies they'd been uninstalled! One managed it because my broadband connection wasn't down, and I received an email asking me the reason for the uninstallation; the other didn't manage it because my connection had dropped (as usual!).
I suppose I can understand it - but I don't like it! It's no-one's business but mine what I do with my system!!!

As for 10, I've heard too many horror stories to risk it; I'm sticking with 8.1 - which, weirdly, I'm very happy with. Incidentally I've never updated it; there's over a gig of 'important' updates my system allegedly needs, but the day I set it up I damn well told Windows to ask me before installing anything. I've had 'important' updates crashing the damn system too often on earlier versions to fall for that. Besides, most of them are unnecessary security fixes - unnecessary if you a) have decent firewall and antiviral software, b) run an ad blocker, and c) don't browse using an admin account.</slightly O/T>