View Single Post
Old 18-08-2014, 19:43   #44
damien c
cf.mega poster

Services: Tivo, 100mb, Mobile
damien c has reached the bronze age
damien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze age
Re: I fancy getting a 27 inch monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
LMAO, those are 4GB sticks, moron. If you want to make a totally flawed and absurd comparison, I can get 32GB DDR3 for the same money

---------- Post added at 02:35 ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 ----------

Biggest hypocrite in the world, you're still so bitter about other people paying half as much as you for their graphics cards and getting better performance that you have to make up lies about all components prices now I see.
Yes they are 4Gb sticks, since it's a 16Gb quad channel kit of DDR4, the price of DDR3 has come down since it has been around for years so off course you can get more DDR3 for the same price as a lower amount of DDR4 since DDR4 has only just launched.

Also you claim to get better performance out of a single card than someone who has 2 faster cards, but that information only comes from one site and is contradicted by every reviewer who has reviewed cards at 4K gaming, and when respectable reviewers do a review of the 6Gb 780 it will show it being slower than a single 780Ti at resolutions where Vram doesn't matter.

I have a choice to make in October about a monitor, I can either get a 4K monitor or a 144hz 2560x1440 monitor and I am leaning more towards the 144hz monitor since at the moment I could do with the higher refresh rate compared to the higher resolution, but when 144hz 4K monitors come out I will grab one straight away.

The fact is that 99% of reviews for 4K monitors show them needing 2 cards to run games maxed out, and with 2 cards destroying the single cards with more Vram as soon as AA is turned off since it's not needed, I am sure the whole world would love to see a single gpu beating a dual gpu setup, at every resolution but seeing as the card you keep spouting on about is a lower spec'd card in every way other than in the amount of Vram that it has, to the 780Ti and Titan Black it cannot compete against them in terms of performance at resolutions of up to 2560x1440, only when it goes above that resolution will it start to compete with the 780Ti because of the extra 3Gb of Vram, but it still will not compete against a Titan Black.

As for me being bitter, I am not bitter and I am not making up lies about the prices of components either, please show me where I have lied about the price of any component!