View Single Post
Old 15-08-2014, 07:56   #42
damien c
cf.mega poster

Services: Tivo, 100mb, Mobile
damien c has reached the bronze age
damien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze age
Re: I fancy getting a 27 inch monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
It doesn't matter where i'm looking. Pray tell where 16GB ddr4 is selling for £112? If i'm wrong i'll happily say so.
I cannot find the Adata ram, but you can get 16Gb Crucial 2133Mhz ram from OCUK for £162 which is far from the £240 you said.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...=8&subcat=2557

The price is going to be a little higher given there is only one platform that can use it, and that platform has not even been released yet but for those who are going to buy that, platform the cost of the ram is not going to be a issue.

If you want slightly faster ram and a heat spreader on the ram which is not needed then you can get Crucial Ballistix Sport 16Gb 2400Mhz for £180 when they come in stock, which is still cheaper than the £240 you quoted.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...=8&subcat=2557

When the Adata ram is available fully in the UK that can be expected to be around £130 to £140 for the 16Gb kit, since it does appear all the retailers are inflating the prices up on it.

---------- Post added at 07:56 ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbrokhan786 View Post
don't start with damien c. am sure he knows whats hes talking about.
I don't know everything, not by a long shot but at least I look I provide the figures and where I get them from, and people may not agree with what is said but that's up to them.

Kabaal is just a typical example of someone who spouts a price for something, without actually looking in to it otherwise they would have seen it can be found cheaper than they are saying.