View Single Post
Old 14-08-2014, 19:14   #35
damien c
cf.mega poster

Services: Tivo, 100mb, Mobile
damien c has reached the bronze age
damien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze age
Re: I fancy getting a 27 inch monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
At £240 for 16GB minimum, no thanks. It doesn't even work with the new Devils Canyon CPU's, it needs Haswell-E + x99 boards so even more expense. Not that you'll care, i imagine you'll be waiting 10 years til you can pick it up at a car boot sale for £20 anyway.
I don't know where you get your prices from but you can pick up 16Gb of DDR4 2133Mhz for £90 to £110.

Yes the first CPU's and Boards that will support DDR4 are the Intel Haswell-E cpu's but the cheapest of them, will only cost around £260.

You could get a board, chip, cooler and ram for Haswell-E for £600.

I am waiting till next year before I upgrade to Haswell-E because I will be going for the Nvidia 900 series cards at the same, unless AMD pull a rabbit out of the hat and finally make a card worth buying.