View Single Post
Old 30-04-2012, 19:47   #13
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Netgear release first 802.11ac router

Quote:
Originally Posted by jempalmer View Post
I didn't know that, thank you. In which case, sounds like a somewhat premature release of product no?
Depends on your definition of premature.

For one, the standard hasn't even been finalized, and secondly there are no clients available that can actually connect to it.

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZrByte View Post
Wow, I've never heard that one before. Could it not just monitor all 8 channels simultaneously? Or at least 2 channels at a time to cut down that start time?
It could theoretically, depending on both how the hardware and software are implemented.

Given Netgear's recent track record, I have my doubts, but it's not impossible.

Part of it's funny regulatory kerfuffle though that only allows certain channel pairs to be used together - e.g. 44 and 48 can be combined, as can 52 and 56, but not 48 and 52. Not sure if that's just a US-only peculiarity though.

---------- Post added at 18:47 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayster View Post
You forgot the part where virgin cut corners to try and make it cheaper.
Funny enough the Superhub comes with most of it's 5Ghz functionality disabled, and only allows you to use 4 out of the 24 available channels. Looks like they simply skipped over radar detection entirely and didn't even bother to implement it.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote